Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "I'm afraid I've been banished. Duh bosses will do terrible things to me, teeerible things if me goin' back dere!"
- ―Jar Jar Binks
The High Tower Boardroom, also known as the Rep Council Board Room, or the Gungan Council Chamber of Judgement, was a prestigious bubble-chamber in Otoh Gunga, from which the Gungan High Council ruled the city. It was referred to as the "Grandee-Oola" in Old Gungan.
When Rugor Nass became Boss of Otoh Gunga, one of his first acts was to order the construction of the High Tower Boardroom and its adjoining suite of offices—many of which were not even assigned a purpose. The Boardroom was accessed via fourteen increasingly grandiose foyer bubbles, which eventually led to the Supplication Platform, around which sat the High Council of Reps. The entrance was guarded by two Gungan patrol guards, and a plasma detonator was trained on supplicants at all times. The bubble also featured listening plates, giving advance warning of approaching sea creatures.[source?]
During the Invasion of Naboo in 32 BBY, the two Jedi Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi were escorted to the High Tower Boardroom to explain their presence in Otoh Gunga. Nass refused to aid the Jedi in their plight to rescue Queen Amidala from the Trade Federation, though Jinn used a Jedi mind trick to secure a transport to Theed. He also engineered the release of Jar Jar Binks, who was being held under arrest in the Boardroom, awaiting a severe punishment for breaking his banishment.
Behind the scenesEdit
The High Tower Boardroom first appeared in 1999 with the release of Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace and its tie-ins. In the 2001 video game Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, the High Tower Boardroom was destroyed during a mission in the Trade Federation campaign. This is a function of gamemechanics and is contradicted by other sources which show the Boardroom to be intact after the Swamp Battle.
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
- Episode I Adventures 9: Rescue in the Core
- Episode I Adventures 10: Festival of Warriors
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace novel (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace junior novel
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Clone Campaigns
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars: Episode I
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds: Prima's Official Strategy Guide
- Galactic Phrase Book & Travel Guide
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 8 (NAS1–2, Boss Nass)
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia