The hilt, sometimes called a grip, was the handle by which an individual would grasp a bladed weapon. Certain types of swords and vibroblades could be fitted with a modified hilt in order to give the wielder of the weapon a better hold, increase the damage potential, or to protect the hand.
The modification of a hilt could have involved an alteration in the physical shape, the final weight, or the material from which the hilt was produced, among other factors. In addition, certain species such as the Nagai or Zabrak modified hilts to suit their particular needs or fighting styles. These augmented hilts were often found in a range of caliber from basic to superior.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Gundark's Fantastic Technology: Personal Gear
- Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook