- "Citizens of the New Republic must know their foundation in history. We have a rich and glorious tradition behind us, as well as a legacy of dark mistakes. We must learn from both."
- ―New Republic Historical Council.
The New Republic Historical Council, later the Historical Council of the Galactic Federation of Free Alliances, was an organization within the New Republic and GFFA in charge of historical research as well as measures and values. It had research teams occupied with retrieving lost information on Obroa-skai, Toola, Dathomir (presumably from the Chu'unthor), the ruins of the Great Jedi Library and Mount Tantiss, the Imperial Information Center, and Jedi Holocrons held by the New Jedi Order. It was possibly related to the History Section.
While under the New Republic, it was tasked with creating a historical chronicle of the galaxy, which it released in 25 ABY; it later was tasked with producing a second edition of the document following the Yuuzhan Vong War, which was published in 36 ABY.
- Cult Encounters of the Star Wars Universe (Canceled novella)
- The Essential Chronology
- The New Essential Chronology
- Jedi vs. Sith: The Essential Guide to the Force
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia