Hobin Carsamba was an alien who worked as a scavenger on the planet Jakku in 34 ABY. Carsamba once joined a queue to trade with the junk dealer Unkar Plutt in Niima Outpost while the scavenger Rey dealt with Plutt at the front of the line. The next day, Carsamba was still in Niima when it was attacked by the forces of the First Order.
Hobin Carsamba was an alien scavenger who made a living on the desert planet of Jakku. In the year 34 ABY, Carsamba was present in Niima Outpost, a Jakku trading settlement run by the Crolute junk dealer Unkar Plutt.
Having salvaged junk to trade, Carsamba once joined the line of customers waiting to deal with Plutt at his Concession Stand while the scavenger Rey was dealing with Plutt at the front of the line. Carsamba fell into position between the pet seller and storyteller Bobbajo and another humanoid scavenger at the end of the line.
Carsamba was in Niima again the next day and, while heading away from Plutt's stand, passed Rey as she arrived with the Resistance astromech droid BB-8 on her speeder. Carsamba was still present later that day when Niima was attacked by the forces of the First Order in their search for BB-8. Rey, BB-8, and the First Order deserter Finn fled past Carsamba through a number of Niima's marquees while trying to escape from pursuing stormtroopers.
Behind the scenesEdit
Hobin Carsamba was played by actor Scott Baldwin in the film Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, which opened on December 18, 2015. Concept art of Carsamba was drawn by costume conceptual artist Glyn Dillon during pre-production of The Force Awakens in October 2013. This artwork titled the character "Outpost Alien C039."
The character was not named in the film but was identified in the 2016 video game LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Despite the game being non-canon, Pablo Hidalgo of the Lucasfilm Story Group confirmed that the names provided by the game for previously unidentified characters, including Carsamba, were considered canon.
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens (First appearance)
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens (First identified as Hobin Carsamba)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 The Art of Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 screenshot) — Pablo Hidalgo of the Lucasfilm Story Group confirmed that the character names introduced in LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens are considered canon, despite the video game itself being non-canon. (
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas dates the events of Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens, which includes Hobin Carsamba's time in Niima Outpost, to 34 ABY.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 "True Love"—Tales from a Galaxy Far, Far Away: Aliens: Volume I
- ↑ "All Creatures Great and Small"—Tales from a Galaxy Far, Far Away: Aliens: Volume I
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens 3D Collector's Edition: "Dressing the Galaxy" featurette