A holotransceiver or holotransmitter was a device to intercept and play holographic messages, and retain contact between two or more beings over long distances. Such a device was integrated into Nute Gunray's mechno-chair.
In 3951 BBY, trapped miners at the Peragus Mining Facility, modified a holo-transmitter into a crude relay that beamed short-burst transmissions, in the form of a Military flash code, outside of the mining facility. However, the signal strength was weak and the miners reasoned that even if the signal carried beyond the asteroid field surrounding the facility, any potential rescuers would have needed to have been scouring the frequencies to detect the signal.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars: Clone Wars
- For Fun and Profit
- Labyrinth of Evil
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- Galaxy Guide 5: Return of the Jedi
- Death Star Technical Companion
- Death Star Technical Companion, Second Edition
- Rebel Alliance Sourcebook, Second Edition