- "This is Alton Kastle for the only news you need: the HoloNet News!"
- ―Alton Kastle
The HoloNet News was a prominent news agency operating within the galaxy that transmitted data via the interstellar HoloNet. Originally independent, it was taken over by the Galactic Republic during the Clone Wars to ensure that information would not be compromised by the then enemy Confederacy of Independent Systems.
At the end of the conflict, Supreme Chancellor Sheev Palpatine founded the First Galactic Empire, and the HoloNet News became the official state-run news agency of his new regime. To ensure that its briefs were consistent with government messaging, the agency was overseen by Pollux Hax, Imperial Minister of Information and member of the Coalition for Progress. It became law that HoloNet News be broadcast at all times in every drinking establishment.
HoloNet News reports were sent via hyperspace transmission, allowing instantaneous connection throughout the whole galaxy. Around five years before the Battle of Yavin, prominent anchorman Alton Kastle delivered broadcasts on key issues and news of the day. In the Outer Rim Territories, the chief manager of the station was Eris Harro.
- A New Dawn
- (First appearance)
- Ezra's Gamble
- The Rebellion Begins (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Rise of the Old Masters"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Empire Day"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Vision of Hope"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Call to Action"
- Star Wars Rebels: The Siege of Lothal