HoloNet News is an official Star Wars website, which was created in order to build hype for the 2002 theatrical release of Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones. The site consists of various in-universe news articles detailing galactic events leading up to the beginning of the film.
In addition to coverage of major events with a clear bearing on what occurs in Attack of the Clones, the site includes a number of articles that tie into other elements of the Expanded Universe. Many of the articles also contain numerous in-jokes and other obscure references. In addition to being available as a website on the internet, the contents of the site was archived and released as DVD-ROM content on the 2002 DVD release of Attack of the Clones.
Twelve issues were published, all of which were part of volume 531. Each issue and article is given an in-universe date based on the dating system used after the Ruusan Reformation.
HoloNetNews.com is divided into seven subsections:
In addition, one section allowed for a five-day Weather Forecast based on a six digit planet code that was entered. The link will produce a random weather page regardless of the digits or even if no numbers are entered. High and low temperatures and weather graphics would display, alongside a written report that would detail problems and warnings such as coronal flaring that could end in mass unicellular extinctions, recommendations of EM shielding, seismic shifting, or frog showers.
- HoloNet News Vol. 531 #45
- HoloNet News Vol. 531 #46
- HoloNet News Vol. 531 #47
- HoloNet News Vol. 531 #48
- HoloNet News Vol. 531 #49
- HoloNet News Vol. 531 #50
- HoloNet News Vol. 531 #51
- HoloNet News Vol. 531 #52
- HoloNet News Vol. 531 #53
- HoloNet News Vol. 531 #54
- HoloNet News Vol. 531 #55
- HoloNet News Vol. 531 #56
Notes and referencesEdit
- HoloNet News.com
- Dusting Off the Archives: Original HoloNet News Pitch
- The Official HoloNetNews Discussion Thread on the Jedi Council Forums (Literature board; accessed February 23, 2013)