Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This spherical device measured three meters in diameter, with a central holoprojector set into a hologram pod. Scanning and projection panels were located around the perimeter of the central projector, which could create an image many meters in height. A control panel was located on the side of the pod, along with cooling vents and a field limiter. The SoroSuub projection pod, like all other HoloNet transceivers, could receive and decode HoloNet transmissions sent along S-thread channels from anywhere in the galaxy. Because of the wide-spread implementation of the HoloNet, the projection pod had an effective range that spanned the entire galactic disc.
History and usageEdit
SoroSuub projection pods were commonly installed on the bridges of Imperial Star Destroyers, and one was also found in the holoprojection chamber aboard Executor during the Galactic Civil War. Vader used this to communicate with Emperor Palpatine to report on the progress of the war, and during the pursuit of Millennium Falcon following the Battle of Hoth in 3 ABY. Palpatine altered the transmission settings to project his image many times its actual size, to the extent that it usually only showed his head; a technique he used to intimidate his subordinates. The field limiter also ensured Prince Xizor, who was at the Emperor's side during the holotransmission, was not seen by Lord Vader. Grand Admiral Thrawn also used a hologram projection pod to inform Captain Gilad Pellaeon of his arrival. While in Mount Tantiss Joruus C'baoth discovered Palpatine's settings and used that setting when communicating with Thrawn.[source?]
- The Starfighter Trap"—Star Wars Gamer 1 "
- Episode I Adventures 3: The Fury of Darth Maul
- Star Wars Adventures 2: The Cavern of Screaming Skulls
- The Clone Wars: Transfer
- Rookies: No Turning Back
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First appearance)
- Shadows of the Empire novel
- Shadows of the Empire comic
- Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire Galoob minicomic
- Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire Ertl minicomic
- Command Decision
- The Last Command
- Specter of the Past (as "hologram pad")
- Death Star Technical Companion (As "holonet transceiver," "holo communications booth," and "Hologram Pod")
- Heir to the Empire Sourcebook (As "holopod")
- Dark Force Rising Sourcebook (As "holopod")
- Galaxy Guide 7: Mos Eisley (As "hologram pod")
- Death Star Technical Companion, Second Edition
- Shadows of the Empire Planets Guide
- Arms & Equipment Guide
- The Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- Star Wars Miniatures
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Suns of Fortune
- Strongholds of Resistance