- "The holocrons contain the most closely guarded secrets of the Jedi Order."
- ―Jocasta Nu
Holocrons were artifacts used by both the Jedi and Sith that contained ancient lessons or valuable information in holographic form. They appeared as palm-sized, glowing polyhedrons of crystalline material and hardware. Jedi holocrons were stored in the Jedi Archives in the Jedi Temple, which also contained the restricted Holocron Vault. During the Clone Wars, Cad Bane executed a daring heist to steal one of these artifacts from the Vault.
Some time after the end of the Clone Wars, Grakkus the Hutt obtained a number of Jedi Holocrons that he kept on Nar Shaddaa. These were later taken by Darth Vader to further impede possible Jedi training.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Holocron Heist" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Cargo of Doom"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Children of the Force"
- Star Wars: Kanan 1: The Last Padawan, Part I: Fight
- Star Wars: Kanan 3: The Last Padawan, Part III: Pivot
- Star Wars: Kanan 5: The Last Padawan, Part V: Release
- Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion
- The Rebellion Begins
- The Secret Jedi: The Adventures of Kanan Jarrus: Rebel Leader
- Star Wars Rebels – "Path of the Jedi"
- Ezra's Duel with Danger
- Star Wars Rebels – "Shroud of Darkness"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Twilight of the Apprentice"
- Star Wars 9: Showdown on the Smuggler's Moon, Part II