A PROXY droid or a holodroid was a droid unit infused with sophisticated holographic technology. Holodroids could change their appearance and copy abilities at will. In this regard, they were similar to TC-SC infiltration droids.
Following his death, a clone of Galen Marek was created on Kamino with the purpose of eliminating the Rebel Alliance. As part of his training, Darth Vader ordered the clone to destroy a trio of Sith training holodroids imitating Juno Eclipse and a pair of Rebel troopers in order to test the clone's willingness to destroy his template's legacy. The clone easily eliminated the droid, but the imprinted memories and emotions of his progenitor prevented him from striking down the one disguised as Eclipse. Disappointed with the result of the test, Vader destroyed the droid and determined that the clone was another failure, no different than the other clones that couldn't free themselves from Marek's emotions.
- Star Wars: Agent of the Empire 4: Iron Eclipse, Part 4
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed video game
- The Force Unleashed novel (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed comic
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II
- The Force Unleashed II novel (First identified as PROXY droid)