Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A holographic image disguiser (also known as a holoshroud) was a highly advanced, and very expensive, portable holoprojector that could be used to disguise an existing object or person. A standard model such as the Corellidyne CQ-3.9x holographic image disguiser was small enough to be worn on a belt, though its low memory capacity prohibited it from storing more than a single image, and its power supply was exhausted after only two minutes, unless it was attached to a larger source. Another model was the CQ-3.99 holographic image disguiser.
When in use, a holoshroud projected a mostly pre-rendered image over the target; the image had to be at least the same size as the target object or larger for obvious reasons. The high-quality image was incredibly realistic; capable of fooling the unaided eye, it even moved when the object or person did. However, some models had a tell-tale "flicker" to them; while too fast for the normal eye to perceive, it may allow some droids, cameras and other sensors to detect that something was amiss.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Holocron Heist"
- Boba Fett: A New Threat
- Jedi Trial
- Doctor Death: The Tale of Dr. Evazan and Ponda Baba (First appearance)
- "The Great Herdship Heist"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 15 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Young Jedi Knights: Shadow Academy
- Young Jedi Knights: Lightsabers
- Young Jedi Knights: Darkest Knight
- The New Jedi Order: Star by Star
- The New Jedi Order: Enemy Lines I: Rebel Dream (Mentioned only)
- Legacy of the Force: Invincible (Indirect mention only)
- Arms & Equipment Guide
- Scavenger's Guide to Droids
- Scum and Villainy
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia