A holoprojector was a device that could record, send, receive, and/or display holograms. Holoprojectors came in various sizes. Low-quality holoprojectors did a poor job of rendering colors accurately, as they fed everything through a strong blue filter.
Approximately 30 years after the Battle of Endor, the technology of holoprojectors had become sophisticated enough to allow the user to be seen in full color, with no filters or scan lines visible. A known individual to use this technology was the First Order's Supreme Leader Snoke.
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections
- Star Wars Complete Visual Dictionary, Updated Edition