A holoprojector was a device that could record, send, receive, and/or display holograms. Holoprojectors came in various sizes. Low-quality holoprojectors did a poor job of rendering colors accurately, as they fed everything through a strong blue filter. Transmission across light-years often distorted hologram consistency.
Approximately 30 years after the Battle of Endor, holoprojectors had become sophisticated enough to display the subject in full color, with no filters or scan lines visible. The First Order's Supreme Leader Snoke used this technology to broadcast himself larger than his actual size.
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Poe Dameron: Flight Log
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Ghosts of Dathomir
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections
- Star Wars: What is a Droid?
- Dawn of Rebellion (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, New Edition
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: New Edition