Home One, this is Gold Leader."
- ―Lando Calrissian, during the Battle of Endor
Home One, also known as Headquarters Frigate, was a modified MC80 Home One type Star Cruiser of the Alliance Fleet, famous for its role as Admiral Gial Ackbar's flagship during the decisive battle fought at Endor.
Home One was originally constructed as a civilian deep space explorer but later retrofitted for military service. It featured heavy hull plating and triple-strength shields, along with twenty hangars for bearing other warships and starfighter squadrons. It was 1,200 meters long, the standard length for an MC80 star cruiser. As such, it was initially armed with turbolaser cannons, ion cannons, and several tractor beam projectors. It was the largest and most advanced ship in the Alliance Fleet.
Home One served as a mobile command center after the Empire discovered and destroyed the main Alliance headquarters on Hoth. It was also the command ship where Mon Mothma, Crix Madine, Admiral Ackbar and a host of other important Alliance officials briefed members of the Rebellion on the upcoming battle on and over Endor. After Mon Mothma pointed out the strike force's primary objectives and following the departure of General Solo's land-based Pathfinder commandos, the ship jumped into hyperspace and arrived in the Endor system after utilizing the secret hyperspace route known as the Sanctuary Pipeline, and immediately entered fierce space-combat during the Battle of Endor. It served as the lead ship and the command and control center for the attacking Rebel fleet against the second Death Star, and was the flagship of Admiral Gial Ackbar, earning it the moniker 'Headquarters Frigate.'
In the months following Endor, the ship would still be undergoing final repairs from the climactic battle, while newly appointed Fleet Admiral Ackbar would designate the ship as his command vessel, and practice hand-to-hand combat in its holographic chamber to keep his reflexes sharp. In addition, he would order the deployment of members of New Republic SpecForces in a sub-orbital drop onto the planet Akiva after receiving momentary contact with downed pilot Wedge Antilles and a brief meeting with New Republic leadership. The members of the operation, unbeknownst to Ackbar, would play an important part in disrupting the Imperial Future Council.
Later, Admiral Ackbar used the Home One as his command ship during the successful New Republic campaign to capture the planet Kuat and the important Kuat Drive Yards. Ackbar later corresponded with Princess Leia Organa, Commodore Kyrsta Agate, and Chancellor Mon Mothma as they received a peace offer from Grand Admiral Rae Sloane. The Home One later took part in a brief space battle with Imperial Star Destroyers above Kashyyyk. The cruiser also accepted the surrender of the Star Destroyer Neutralizer.
Commanders and crewEdit
Home One was commanded by Admiral Gial Ackbar. In the months following Endor, it would fall under the command of newly appointed Fleet Admiral Ackbar. As every other Mon Calamari ship, the Home One was built specifically for Mon Calas.
- Star Wars Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- Shattered Empire, Part I
- Aftermath: Life Debt
- Before the Awakening
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures – "Return of the Kyber Saber"
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales – "Gambit on Geonosis" (Appears in flashback(s))
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- (First identified as Home One)
- (First identified as headquarters frigate)
- Star Wars in 100 Scenes
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars: Ships of the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 1.8 1.9 Ultimate Star Wars
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6
- ↑ Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Aftermath: Life Debt
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Aftermath
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Before the Awakening
- ↑ Moving Target: A Princess Leia Adventure
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Lost Stars