- "If I had a planet that was truly my homeworld, I wouldn't give it away. I'd want to be able to come back whenever I wanted."
- ―A young Anakin Skywalker
Homeworld, sometimes referred to as "home planet," was a term used to identify the planet that a being was raised or born on, or migrated to, and in the case of droids, where they were constructed. Many notable individuals, such as Luke Skywalker and Leia Organa Solo, referred to the planets where they spent their childhood as their homeworld, despite the fact that they were born elsewhere. Natasi Daala referred to her birthworld as her homeworld, even though she grew up elsewhere. Curiously, Yoda, Grand Master of the Jedi Order, never revealed his homeworld.
The term homeworld also referred to the homeplanet of a species. There were thousands of such homeworlds throughout the galaxy. Most of these planets had modern starports, a sophisticated trader network and a high level of technology.
Members of some species, like the Falleen and the Kaminoans, rarely left their homeworld. Most Ithorians never set foot on their homeworld, and instead spent most of their time on floating cities above Ithor. As a result, most of them were comfortable only on starships or other artificial constructs. Flakax who left their homeworld tended to become psycopaths.
The following is a list of media in which homeworlds are specifically referred to:
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope
- ↑ The Last of the Jedi: The Desperate Mission, page 166: Ferus Olin reflects: "He was not a native Bellassan, but he had adopted that world. It was his homeworld."
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars: New Battlefronts: The Visual Guide, p. 66: "Cut's life changes when the war he fled comes to his new homeworld"
- ↑ Children of the Jedi, Chapter 3
- ↑ The Essential Guide to Warfare, pages 230, 233
- ↑ Star Wars: Attack of the Clones: The Visual Dictionary, page 27
- ↑ Planets of the Galaxy, Volume One, p. 6
- ↑ Coruscant Nights I: Jedi Twilight, p. 248
- ↑ Republic Commando: True Colors p. 75
- ↑ Star Wars Galaxies: The Ruins of Dantooine, p. 19
- ↑ Dark Nest III: The Swarm War, p. 76
- ↑ Before the Storm, p. 264