Homeworld, also spelled home world and sometimes referred to as home planet, was a term used to designate an individual's planet of origin. Generally speaking, a being's homeworld was his or her place of birth. Such was the case of Darth Maul and Asajj Ventress, who were both born on Dathomir and called that planet home. In some cases, however, an individual's homeworld was the planet on which he or she was raised.
The term homeworld could also refer to the planet of origin of an organization or species. As such, Moraband was considered the ancient homeworld of the Sith Order, while Kashyyyk was the homeworld of the Wookiee species. The Galactic Empire attempted to train loyalty to homeworlds out of cadets training at their Imperial Academies, as it felt that such loyalties detracted from one's service to the greater Empire. An individual might consider a particular planet their "adopted homeworld" if they had lived on it for a long time and come to appreciate it, even if not born there. Zare Leonis came to think of Lothal as his adopted homeworld despite having been born on Uquine and not having moved to Lothal until he was fourteen years of age.
- Ultimate Sticker Collection: Star Wars Rebels
- Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy
- Star Wars Super Graphic: A Visual Guide to a Galaxy Far, Far Away (As "home planet")
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- Dawn of Rebellion
- Star Wars Encyclopedia of Starfighters and Other Vehicles
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide
- Star Wars: Alien Archive - Species Guide
- Star Wars: Scum and Villainy: Case Files on the Galaxy's Most Notorious