The OG-9 homing spider droid also known as Spider droid was a model of large, four-legged battle droid manufactured by Baktoid Armor Workshop. They were used by the Confederacy of Independent Systems during the Clone Wars, notably during the Battle of Geonosis and Battle of Felucia.
A gigantic walker utilized by the Confederacy of Independent Systems, the Baktoid Armor Workshop OG-9 consisted of a spherical body suspended between four mechanical legs. Mobilized by a powerful reactor at the heart of its central body, the homing spider droid moved slowly on its long mechanical legs, although also maintained an imposing mix of speed and destructive power; the droid was armed with dish-shaped laser cannons in the form of a top-mounted laser emplacement, which released sustained-fire shots to quickly wear down an enemy deflector shield, and a bottom-mounted cannon to keep infantry units at bay.
Homing spider droids were used to devastating effect by Separatist forces during the Battle of Geonosis that opened the Clone Wars. Combating ground forces of the Grand Army of the Republic, OG-9s attacked All Terrain Tactical Enforcers and clone trooper formations on the battlefield. The droids were used throughout the Clone Wars, and several were fielded on Felucia alongside Armored Assault Tanks during a battle against the forces of Jedi General Aayla Secura.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: Galactic Defense (First identified as OG-9 homing spider droid)
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- Ultimate Factivity Collection: Star Wars (Picture only)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines (First identified as Spider droid)