Hosnian Prime was a planet in the Hosnian system of the Core Worlds, located along the Corellian Trade Spine. Thirty years after the Battle of Endor, it served as the headquarters of the Galactic Senate and capital of the New Republic during the conflict between the Resistance and the First Order.
In 34 ABY, seeking to rid the galaxy of what it saw as the illegitimate Republic government, the First Order used its superweapon, Starkiller Base, to destroy Hosnian Prime and all other planetary bodies in the system. The superweapon caused the ignition of Hosnian Prime's core, transforming the planet into a star in a pocket nova.
Hosnian Prime was a cosmopolitan planet located on the edge of the galaxy's Core Worlds. Some cities on the planet included the capital Republic City and Darropolis. Besides the New Republic senatorial complex, other locations on Hosnian Prime included the hanging gardens and the offices of the Galaxy Beacon.
Age of the EmpireEdit
During the reign of the Galactic Empire, Plas Lelkot, the surgeon consul of Hosnian Prime, hid refugees in his own chateau. Due to his support for the Rebel Alliance, he was imprisoned at the bleak Ashmead's Lock prison on the planet Kashyyyk.
Around 3 BBY, Han Solo and Chewbacca went on a stakeout at Freerago's Satellite Diner and Motel, a satellite diner and motel in orbit of Hosnian Prime that was frequented by many different species, as well as Imperials. It was where many went to consort and mingle.
Galactic Civil WarEdit
In 5 ABY, the Rebel Alliance's successor government New Republic operated a veteran hospital in Darropolis. There, the New Republic soldier Dade Hetkins received treatment and a cybernetic leg to replace the one lost following the Battle of Endor. Doctor Arsad supervised Hetkins' recovery, and assigned him the prototype therapy droid QT-9. Around the time of the Battle of Jakku, Yuprin Arlo represented Hosnian Prime in the New Republic's Galactic Senate. Another Hosnian Prime native, Sondiv Sella, served as a councilman in the Galactic Senate.
New Republic eraEdit
By 28 ABY, Hosnian Prime had been voted the capital of the New Republic, and hosted individuals from many species including humans, Wookiees, and Gungans. By that stage, two major factions had emerged in the Senate: the Populists, who wanted worlds to maintain considerable autonomy; and the Centrists, who favored a stronger central government. That year, the senatorial complex was damaged during the Napkin Bombing. The bomb had been planted by Arliz Hadrassian, a former Imperial TIE fighter pilot and Imperial Security Bureau officer who had become the leader of the Amaxine warriors, a militia that served as a front for the First Order, a remnant of the Old Empire.
It was on Hosnian Prime that Populist Senator Leia Organa's true parentage as the daughter of Darth Vader was revealed. This information was publicly disclosed by her Centrist friend senator Ransolm Casterfo, who had been manipulated by Lady Carise Sindian, a secret agent of the First Order. The Populist Senator Tai-Lin Garr was later assassinated by Hadrassian while campaigning as First Senator in one of Hosnian Prime's parks. Sindian later framed Casterfo for the crime after he supported Organa's report about the existence of threats to the New Republic. Organa subsequently announced her intention to resign from the Senate and founded the Resistance, a private military force dedicated to protecting the Republic.
In 34 ABY, the First Order, believing the Republic to be an illegitimate government incapable of maintaining order in the galaxy, targeted the Republic-controlled Hosnian system with a superweapon known as Starkiller Base in an effort to destroy them. The Starkiller turned its sights towards Hosnian Prime and incinerated them with a beam of phantom energy. Chancellor Lanever Villecham, Resistance commander Korr Sella, countless senators, and all the inhabitants of the Hosnian system were victims in the destruction of the system. In the resulting pocket nova, Hosnian Prime became a second star in its system. The destruction of the Hosnian system was visible from across the galaxy, due to the vast quantities of energy released from Starkiller Base creating a temporary rip in sub-hyperspace.
Behind the scenesEdit
Hosnian Prime briefly appeared in the 2015 film Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens. Information about the planet and its status within the New Republic was elaborated upon in the reference book Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary.
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas
- Princess Leia: Royal Rebel
- Entertainment Weekly's Ultimate Guide to Rogue One
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Incredible Cross-Sections
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: Ultimate Sticker Collection
- Solo: A Star Wars Story The Official Guide
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12 3.13 Bloodline
- ↑ Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- ↑ Entertainment Weekly's Ultimate Guide to Rogue One
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Aftermath: Empire's End
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Poe Dameron 7: The Gathering Storm
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 8.4 Aftermath: Life Debt
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 9.2 Star Wars: The Force Awakens novelization
- ↑ Battlefront II: Inferno Squad
- ↑ Last Shot
- ↑ screenshot) The tweet in question states that the events of Bloodline take place six years before the events of the film Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens. Star Wars: Galactic Atlas establishes that the events of The Force Awakens take place in the year 34 ABY and so using simple math it can be concluded that the events of Bloodline take place in 28 ABY. (