The Hosnian system was a star system in the Core Worlds that was under the control of the New Republic thirty years after the Battle of Endor. The system was home to the Republic's new capital, Hosnian Prime and a part of the Republic fleet was stationed there.
Hosnian Prime and all other planetary objects orbiting the system's sun were destroyed by a phantom energy beam upon the firing of the First Order's Starkiller Base superweapon. Due to the nature of phantom energy, the destruction of the system was visible across the galaxy. It was witnessed by those present in Maz Kanata's castle on the planet Takodana. The beam caused Hosnian Prime's core to ignite in a pocket nova, and the Hosnian system temporarily became a binary system.
- Lost Stars (First appearance)
- Aftermath: Life Debt
- Poe Dameron 7: The Gathering Storm (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens novel
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: A Junior Novel
- The Force Awakens, Part IV
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Poe Dameron: Flight Log
- Star Wars: Galactic Atlas