Not for sale (likely valued at 480,000 credits)
|Maximum speed (atmosphere)||
20 metric tons
- "The Hound's Tooth was Bossk's pride and joy. More than that: his weapons, his way of making a living. You couldn't have bought this ship from him, for any amount of money."
The Hound's Tooth was a modified Corellian Engineering Corporation YV-666 light freighter owned by the Trandoshan bounty hunter and slaver Bossk. Bossk acquired the ship after Han Solo and Chewbacca destroyed his former ship on Gandolo IV.
- "The stench onboard was horrible. Between drying Wookiee pelts, a rotting corpse on the skinning table, and Bossk's own repellent scent, it was worse than a slaughterhouse on a sewage planet."
- ―Jan Ors
The exterior was smooth and rounded, with an elongated, rectangular hull originally meant for cargo transport. The ship also had a three-deck design and was protected by shields and reinforced armor.
The Hound's Tooth's main deck contained Bossk's private quarters, a training chamber, an armory and an advanced medical bay. Its aft section was modified into a prison equipped with a series of magnetically reinforced holding cages which were connected to a force-field generator activated by motion sensors in the event a breakout took place. The prison also had a skinning table for skinning Wookiee captives, his trophy collection and interrogation devices.
The command bridge was situated on top of the main hull and provided access to all the Hound's Tooth's systems. Its cockpit was equipped with a monitor bank which relayed information from hidden sensor screens, allowing the Trandoshan to monitor the entire vessel. The vessel also had an interior scanning system for monitoring cargo, motion sensors which were linked to neural stunners, sub-q injectors and shock panels, and voice-recognition security systems which prevented unauthorized access of the ship's ramp. These included anti-personnel blasters, a durasteel net and an electrocution array.
The bottom deck contained the Hound's Tooth's engines, power core, and weapons systems. The vehicle's armament were a turret-mounted quad-laser cannon, a secondary ion cannon, and a forward-firing concussion missile launcher that carried up to six missiles. A scout ship, Nashtah Pup, was stored in the interior for emergency operations. The Hound's Tooth was later stolen by Tinian I'att Azur-Jamin and Chenlambec. However, Bossk eventually retrieved his ship, even though Boba Fett would later steal it as well.
Its propulsion system was simple though it gave the Hound's Tooth a considerable amount of maneuverability despite its size. Its standard ion engines generated thrust while a pair of long maneuvering fins linked to the engines provided vertical movement. Two main drive nozzles between the fins of the vessel controlled turning.
The onboard systems were controlled by a X10-D droid brain that was capable of responding to verbal commands from anywhere on the ship. It also controlled most of the Hound's Tooth's systems including weapons and security. The bridge and Bossk's private quarters also featured datalinks connected with the droid brain.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bounty"
- Underworld: The Yavin Vassilika
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
- Star Wars 7
- Star Wars 8
- Star Wars 9
- The Prize Pelt: The Tale of Bossk (First appearance)
- Star Wars Galaxies Trading Card Game – Galactic Hunters (Light Side scenario campaign)
- Shadows of the Empire comic
- The Mandalorian Armor
- Slave Ship
- Hard Merchandise
- "The Lost Lightsaber"—Star Wars Tales 19 (Non-canonical appearance) (Appears in flashback(s))