A hovertank or repulsortank was a type of tank that ran on repulsorlifts, and was usually more heavily armed and armored than a combat landspeeder. Hovertanks could be outfitted with deflector shields, like the T1-B hovertank.
Depending on the model, some hovertanks were relatively fast and agile, such as the TX-130 Saber-class fighter tank employed by the Grand Army of the Republic and the Ground Armored Tank used by the Confederacy of Independent Systems, while others were much larger and sluggish, but very powerful, such as the Dreadnought battle tank and the Protodeka.
Galactic Civil WarEdit
Models used during the Galactic Civil War included the Galactic Empire's 2-M Saber-class repulsor tank, the TX-130T fighter tank, and the HAVr A9 Floating Fortress. The Alliance to Restore the Republic also maintained several hovertanks in their army, including the T1-B hovertank and the AAC-1 speeder tank.
Colonel Zel Johans, commanding officer of the Imperial Hammers Elite Armor Unit known colloquially as the Hell's Hammers, was instrumental in the development of the repulsortank and its deployment tactics in the Imperial Army.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Rise of the Hutt Cartel
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Galactic Strongholds
- Star Wars: Battlefront
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars video game
- Star Wars: Battlefront II
- "Always count your clones before take-off" (Non-canonical appearance)
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith novelization
- Star Wars: Empire at War
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption
- Star Wars Adventures: Princess Leia and the Royal Ransom
- Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor
- X-Wing: Mercy Kill (as repulsortank)
- Star Wars: Imperial Assault boardgame, Return to Hoth expansion (as SC2-M Repulsor Tank)
- "Special Military Unit Intelligence Update"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 15
- Imperial Sourcebook
- Imperial Sourcebook (Second Edition)
- Shadows of the Empire Planets Guide
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Imperial Entanglements (West End Games)
- Strongholds of Resistance