EVP, Franchise Management
- "Star Wars has been my life's work. I started my career at Lucasfilm in 1980, the week that Empire was released. I have been intimately involved with every Star Wars film since then, and have helped shepherd the franchise through three generations of fans. I authorized and then oversaw the creation of the Expanded Universe. I re-launched Star Wars toys after nearly a 10 year hiatus. I brought LEGO into the Star Wars fold. To say that I am passionate about Star Wars would be a gross understatement."
- ―Howard Roffman
Howard Roffman is the Executive Vice President, Franchise Management for Lucasfilm Ltd., a position he transitioned to following The Walt Disney Company's acquisition of Lucasfilm in 2012. Roffman originally joined Lucasfilm in 1980 as Legal Counsel and previously served as President of Lucas Licensing from 1999 to 2012.
Roffman attended to the University of Pennsylvania and got his law degree from the University of Florida College of Law in 1977. He served for a year as a law clerk and then worked for two years as an associate at the law firm of Morgan, Lewis & Bockius in Washington D.C.
Roffman joined Lucasfilm as legal counsel in 1980 and was later promoted to general counsel. In 1984 Roffman was acting chief operating officer. In 1986, he was appointed as the company's Vice President of Licensing in 1986. Roffman was named President of Lucas Licensing in 1999.
- "LucasArts Update: The Creation Story"—Star Wars Insider 23
- "Rebel Rumblings"—Star Wars Insider 27
- "Lucasfilm's Latest: Shadows of the Empire Update"—Star Wars Insider 27
- "In The Beginning..."—Star Wars Galaxy Magazine 7
- The Secrets of Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
- Star Wars: The Art of the Brothers Hildebrandt
- "Dave on the Dark Side"—Star Wars Insider 153
- Howard Roffman – Lucasfilm
- Howard Roffman on Wikipedia