The hubba gourd was a tough-skinned melon covered with reflecting crystals to deflect sunlight. Even though it was tough to digest, it was prime food for Tusken Raiders and Jawas; the latter species found it delicious when roasted. In Jawaese it was called "hubba" which translated to "the staff of life". It was round and yellowish and grew in the shadows of cliffs. They held fluids in their tough, stringy fibers which could be sucked or squeezed out. The fluid was sour.
Momaw Nadon was known to have been working on a hybrid hubba gourd.
- Episode I Adventures 5: The Ghostling Children
- Episode I Adventures 6: The Hunt for Anakin Skywalker
- Episode I Adventures 8: Trouble on Tatooine
- Star Wars: Republic 11: Outlander, Part 5 (Mentioned only)
- The Sand Tender: The Hammerhead's Tale
- Swap Meet: The Jawa's Tale
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided (Mentioned only)
- Skin Deep: The Fat Dancer's Tale
- Tatooine Ghost
- Junior Jedi Knights: Promises
- Dark Nest III: The Swarm War (Mentioned only)
- Apocalypse (Mentioned only)
- The Illustrated Star Wars Universe
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- University of Sanbra Guide to Intelligent Life: The Jawas"—Star Wars Gamer 3 "
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia