Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Humans were a species of bipedal beings with bilateral symmetry native to the planet Coruscant. They were commonly encountered throughout the galaxy, from the bountiful planet of Naboo to the desert world of Tatooine. They were known to engage in many different pursuits, from politics to bounty hunting. Species that bore structural resemblance to humans were referred to as "humanoids."
Biology and appearanceEdit
Humans were an intelligent species that originated on Coruscant, but could be found on many other planets across the galaxy, including Naboo, Tatooine, and Alderaan. They came in two sexes, male and female, and gave birth to live young. They were bipedal beings with a bilateral symmetry, having a front and a back end, as well as an upside and downside. Their body were comprised of a torso with a head and four limbs attached to it. The upper limbs, or arms, ended in hands which had five fingers each; the lower ones, called legs, ended in feet. The human fingers had multiple points of articulation, and one of them was an opposable thumb that allowed for fine manipulation. Finally, they had one head perched atop their torso. Many other species, including the Twi'leks the Mon Calamari or the Zygerrians, were referred to as "humanoids" because of their structural resemblance to humans.
Compared with the Wookiees of Kashyyyk, humans had little hair on their bodies. Most of it was concentrated on the scalp and groin, as well as the lower portions of the faces of most males, though these three regions were often shaved in various patterns, either for hygiene or self-expression (strips of concentrated hair, referred to as "brows," were also located above the eyes, and were used in non-verbal communication).  Human skin tones ranged from dark brown, through lighter shades, to pale.. The skin of most humans native to Lothal had a copper sheen. Human eyes came in shades of blue, green, or brown. Occasionally, humans with purple or even red eyes could be encountered. The average height of humans was a little below 1.85 meters.
Because the throats of the two species were too different, humans were physically incapable of speaking the language of the Wookiees. In comparison with most other species, the humans' sense of smell was quite underdeveloped.
Like many other species, humans could be sensitive to the Force, a mysterious energy that connected all living things in the galaxy and gave special powers to those who learned how to manipulate it.
Society and cultureEdit
Although humans could occupy a variety of employs, from politicians to bounty hunters or moisture farmer, they were reputedly unable to work as podracers. Anakin Skywalker was reportedly the only human who could race pods. There existed many planetary groups of humans with their own cultures, such as the Alderaanians, the Mandalorians, and the Pamarthens.
Many humans changed the course of history, from politicians to slaves and even Jedi Knights. Sheev Palpatine, who founded the autocratic Galactic Empire that ruled over the galaxy for two decades, was a human from Naboo. Many members of the Alliance to Restore the Republic, including its founding members Mon Mothma, Bail Organa, and his adopted daughter Leia Organa were humans as well. The Galactic Empire was known to favor humans at the expense of alien species. The Empire's government and Imperial Military was dominated by humans. During the Age of the Empire, some humans like the Lothalian athletic director Janus Fhurek harbored xenophobic attitudes towards aliens and thought that their alien physiology gave them an unfair advantage over human grav-ball players.
- William Shakespeare's The Phantom of Menace: Star Wars Part the First
- Angry Birds Star Wars II
- Disney Infinity 3.0
- LEGO Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures
- Epic Yarns: A New Hope
- Epic Yarns: The Empire Strikes Back
- Epic Yarns: Return of the Jedi
- LEGO Star Wars: Droid Tales Episodes I-III
- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 1.6 1.7 Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Princess Leia, Part IV
- ↑ screenshot) . “@HayaMika Chalactan is a culture and heritage. She is biologically human.” (
- ↑ Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- ↑ Battlefront: Twilight Company
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Mandalore Plot"
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Bloodline
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 In the novel Tarkin, the titular character Wilhuff Tarkin's was stated to be "just above human average" in height. According to the official Databank, Tarkin was 1.85 meters tall.
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 10.2 10.3 Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ 12.0 12.1
- ↑ 13.0 13.1
- ↑ 14.0 14.1
- ↑ 15.0 15.1 15.2
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 16.2
- ↑ 18.0 18.1
- ↑ 19.0 19.1
- ↑ 20.0 20.1 20.2 20.3 20.4 Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope
- ↑ . “@MaxN2100 Similar to real-world. Was easier to say they lived longer in Legends because we didn't have to account for actors getting older.”
- ↑ List of countries by life expectancy on Wikipedia.
- ↑ 23.0 23.1 Star Wars: Uprising
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Deserter"
- ↑ As exemplified by Mace Windu in Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace.
- ↑ As exemplified by Sabine Wren in Star Wars Rebels.
- ↑ As exemplified by Mon Mothma in Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith
- ↑ 33.0 33.1 The Rebellion Begins
- ↑ Heir to the Jedi
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels: Visual Guide: Epic Battles
- ↑ Servants of the Empire: Imperial Justice
- ↑ Servants of the Empire: Edge of the Galaxy
- ↑ UTA Signs 'Star Wars' Lead Daisy Ridley. cinemablend.com (August 7 2014). Retrieved on August 11, 2014.