Hunting was the action of trapping or killing creatures. Hunting was often a leisure sport on civilized planets but a necessary skill for survival on primitive worlds. Often the hunted quarry would be used for food or apparel. Those who hunted large creatures were known as big-game hunters. On some planets with deeply traditional cultural system, such as Kashyyyk, hunting certain creatures was a sacred rite. Those who hunted sentient life-forms were known as bounty hunters.
On Kashyyyk, young Wookiee warriors would single-handedly hunt the Katarn, a quick and deadly creature, to prove their worth. On the forest moon of Endor, the native Ewoks would venture out from their treetop villages to the forest floor to hunt for food. They used a variety of hunting methods to catch prey including traps.
It could be very profitable if large or rare animals were hunted. Many creatures, however, were illegal to be hunted. With such a large galaxy, though, galactic hunting regulations could only do so much.[source?]
Planets popular for huntingEdit
Legal hunting creaturesEdit
- Kashyyyk greyclimber
- Krayt dragon
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Padawan Lost"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Wookiee Hunt"
- Star Wars: Assault Team (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- (Mentioned only)
- (Mentioned only)
- "First Contact"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 1
- Planets of the Galaxy, Volume One
- The Star Wars Planets Collection
- Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook
- The Secrets of Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
- Shadows of the Empire Planets Guide
- The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons
- Fate of the Jedi: Dramatis Personae
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Lak Sivrak)
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: URoRRuR'R'R (★))
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Bossk)
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: URoRRuR'R'R (★★★))
- Suns of Fortune
Notes and referencesEdit
- Hunting on Wikipedia