Hunting was the activity of chasing and killing wild animals for food, sport, or profit. On the forest moon of Endor, the native Ewoks would venture out from their treetop villages to the forest floor to hunt for food. They used a variety of hunting methods to catch prey including traps. There existed models of blasters specifically designed for hunting. The former senator Johhar Kessen was considered a legendary hunter. Usually, only non-sentient beings were hunted, but certain criminals would sometimes hunt sentients illegally. Garnac, leader of a Trandoshan hunting lodge, was known to abduct sentients from all over the galaxy, including Jedi Apprentices, and bring them to the moon Wasskah, where he hunted them down for sport.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Lair of Grievous" (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Padawan Lost" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Wookiee Hunt"
- Adventures in Wild Space: The Nest
- Star Wars: Princess Leia, Part III (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Commander
- The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi? (Mentioned only)
Notes and referencesEdit
- Hunting on Wikipedia