Hunting was the action of trapping or killing creatures. Hunting was often a leisure sport on civilized planets. Often the hunted quarry would be used for food or apparel. Those who hunted large creatures were known as big-game hunters. In the case of uncivilized planets, the most undeveloped of civilizations were forced to hunt creatures as a necessary source of food. On some planets with deeply traditional cultural system, such as Kashyyyk, hunting certain creatures was a sacred rite.
In the case of Kashyyyk, young Wookiee warriors would single handedly hunt the Katarn, a quick and deadly creature, to prove their worth. It could be very profitable if large or rare animals were hunted. Many creatures, however, were illegal to be hunted. With such a large galaxy, though, galactic hunting regulations could only do so much. Bounty hunting was of similar practice but involved sentients.
Planets popular for huntingEdit
Legal hunting creaturesEdit
- Kashyyyk greyclimber
- Krayt dragon
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Padawan Lost"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Wookiee Hunt"
- Star Wars: Assault Team (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- (Mentioned only)
- (Mentioned only)
- "First Contact"—Star Wars Adventure Journal 1
- Planets of the Galaxy, Volume One
- The Star Wars Planets Collection
- Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook
- The Secrets of Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
- Shadows of the Empire Planets Guide
- The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons
- Fate of the Jedi: Dramatis Personae
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Lak Sivrak)
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: URoRRuR'R'R (★))
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Bossk)
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: URoRRuR'R'R (★★★))
- Suns of Fortune
- Hunting on Wikipedia