Hunting was the action of trapping or killing creatures. Hunting was often a leisure sport on civilized planets. Often the hunted quarry would be used for food or apparel. In the case of uncivilized planets, the most undeveloped of civilizations were forced to hunt creatures as a necessary source of food. On some planets with deeply traditional cultural system, such as Kashyyyk, hunting certain creatures was a sacred rite. In the case of Kashyyyk, young Wookiee warriors would single handedly hunt the Katarn, a quick and deadly creature, to prove their worth. It could be very profitable if large or rare animals were hunted. Many creatures, however, were illegal to be hunted. With such a large galaxy, though, galactic hunting regulations could only do so much. Bounty hunting was of similar practice but involved sentients.
Planets Popular for HuntingEdit
Legal hunting creaturesEdit
- Kashyyyk greyclimber
- Krayt dragon
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Padawan Lost"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Wookiee Hunt"
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Shadows of the Empire Sourcebook
- The Secrets of Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
- The Essential Guide to Planets and Moons
- Fate of the Jedi: Dramatis Personae
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Lak Sivrak)
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: URoRRuR'R'R (★))
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: Bossk)
- Star Wars: Force Collection (Card: URoRRuR'R'R (★★★))
- Suns of Fortune
- Hunting on Wikipedia