|Physical and technical specifications|
|Usage and history|
In addition to standard communication abilities, the Hush-98 featured a 100-kilometer range, variable frequencies, encoding, a locator, silence projectors that created a field of white noise around the user (allowing for private conversations), and was also capable of sending complex data, such as the blood sample data from Anakin Skywalker. The device's name originates from the fact that it could "hear" even a hush.
Components of the Hush-98 included a reception antenna, voice pickup, encoding selector, sound projectors, sound reproduction matrix, and frequency search control.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Hush-98 comlink as it appeared in the movie was a woman's razor (a "Gillette Sensor-Excel for Women") which had been modified.
The toy version of the Hush-98 comlink appears in the expansion pack Command & Conquer: Yuri's Revenge. Einstein can be seen holding it in the briefing video in the first Allied mission.
- Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan: Last Stand on Ord Mantell 1
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace comic
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace junior novel
- Jango Fett: Open Seasons 1 (Appears in flashback(s))
- Jedi Quest 1
- Jedi: Shaak Ti
- Jedi: Aayla Secura
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Hidden Enemy"
- Star Wars: Republic: The Battle of Jabiim
- Star Wars: Obsession
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith comic
- Star Wars: Republic: The Hidden Enemy
- Star Wars Dark Times: The Path to Nowhere
- Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader
- Arms & Equipment Guide
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 69 (JED3-4, Jedi Field Equipment)
- Geonosis and the Outer Rim Worlds
- The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia