Hutt Space was a region of the galaxy on the border between the Mid Rim and the Outer Rim Territories that was located to the galactic east of the Core Worlds, and was under the control of the Hutt Clan. Largely noted as being a haven to the disreputable denizens of the galaxy, it managed to avoid outright Imperial control owing to its cooperation with Imperial Coruscant, however following the Battle of Yavin, it saw increasing attempts by the Empire to cut into its trade in an effort to decrease its independence. Following the demise of the Hutt crime lord Jabba Desilijic Tiure, Hutt Space was embroiled in conflict as the Hutts attempted to carve up his territory.
The Clone WarsEdit
After the Jedi Anakin Skywalker and his Padawan Ahsoka Tano rescued Jabba Desilijic Tiure's son Rotta from the Separatist assassin Asajj Ventress in 22 BBY, a grateful Jabba allowed the Galactic Republic to pass through Hutt Space during the Clone Wars.
Later, Senator Bail Organa and Junior Representative Jar Jar Binks managed to convince the Toydarian King Katuunko to allow the Republic to use Toydaria as a transit point for the Republic to deliver relief supplies to the Outer Rim planet Ryloth. Following a skirmish between Ventress and Jedi Master Yoda on the moon Rugosa, King Katuunko decided to side with the Galactic Republic in the Clone Wars.
After freeing Ziro Desilijic Tiure from Republic custody, the bounty hunter Cad Bane brought him to the Hutt homeworld of Nal Hutta under the orders of the Grand Hutt Council. The Council imprisoned Ziro after he threatened to divulge incriminating information about the Hutt crime lords to the Republic. This information was stored in a holodiary hidden on the planet Teth in Wild Space. In response, the Jedi Masters Obi-Wan Kenobi and Quinlan Vos visited Nal Hutta seeking Ziro's return. Ziro escaped with the help of the singer Sy Snootles and fled to Teth with the help of his mother Mama. On Teth, Snootles killed Ziro and then brought the holodiary to Jabba; keeping the Hutts' secrets safe from Bane and the Jedi.
In 20 BBY, Count Dooku sent his new apprentice Savage Opress to kidnap King Katuunko. However, Katuunko was killed in the process. Opress and Ventress then tried to kill Dooku but the assassination attempt failed. Opress turned on both Dooku and Ventress and fled back to Dathomir. After escaping the Republic, the bounty hunters Moralo Eval, Cad Bane and "Rako Hardeen" (who was actually Kenobi undercover) crash-landed their ship in the swamps of Nal Hutta. Despite being pursued by Anakin and Ahsoka, they managed to escape offworld on a ship which Kenobi had bought using funds from the Jedi Order.
Later, the former Sith apprentice Darth Maul, Opress, and the Death Watch visited Nal Hutta in an attempt to recruit the Hutt Council into Maul's Shadow Collective. The Hutts rejected their overtures and a gun battle broke out between the Death Watch and the bounty hunters defending the Hutts. While most of the Hutts fled, Maul and Opress managed to interrogate Oruba about the location of Jabba on Tatooine. After killing Oruba, the Shadow Collective traveled to Tatooine to negotiate with Jabba.
Age of the EmpireEdit
Following the Battle of Yavin, the Rebel Alliance Lieutenant Caluan Ematt fled into hiding on Cyrkon after escaping an ambush by Imperial forces on Taanab. Princess Leia Organa dispatched Han Solo and Chewbacca to rescue Ematt. Despite opposition from bounty hunters and the Imperial Security Bureau agent Alecia Beck, the rebels were able to rescue Ematt from Cyrkon and flee offworld.
During the Galactic Civil War, Saponza, his partner, and Han Solo teamed up to raid the Hutt Clan's medical supplies on the planet Dandoran. Dandoran also hosted a secret Imperial research facility used to produce Undead Troopers. After the Undead Troopers broke out of the facility, Imperial and Alliance forces were forced to work together to prevent the zombies from spreading the Sickness across the galaxy.
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy
- Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
- Star Wars: On the Front Lines
- Star Wars: The Rebel Files
- (First identified as Hutt Space)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 Star Wars: Aliens of the Galaxy
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Star Wars: Commander
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Supply Lines"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 Smuggler's Run: A Han Solo & Chewbacca Adventure
- ↑ Join the Resistance
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Hunt for Ziro"
- ↑ Heir to the Jedi
- ↑ Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars film
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Ambush"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Witches of the Mist"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Friends and Enemies"
- ↑ Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Eminence"
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels: Ghost Raid