- "From the Battles of Rashfond, to the Peacekeeping of Parliock, to our very own Clone Wars, the lightsaber is a Jedi's only true ally. But how do they work? Hmm? Yes, you have brought me crystals, but they're all useless unless you give them life. Do you know how to awaken the Force within the crystal? No? Then I suggest you listen and learn, until you think of a question this droid cannot answer."
- ―Huyang, to a class of Jedi younglings
Huyang was a Mark IV architect droid professor based on of the Jedi vessel, the Crucible, who for a thousand generations had taught Jedi younglings, one of them being the future Grand Master Yoda, how to build their lightsaber following the Gathering.
By the time of the Clone Wars, Huyang was over a thousand years old, and had helped many Jedi younglings in the construction of their lightsabers. His purpose was to accompany the young trainees to the planet Ilum, and once they would retrieve the kyber crystal that called to them through the Force, he would aid them in fashioning the weapon for use.
During the Clone Wars, in 20 BBY, Huyang accompanied Grand Master Yoda, Ahsoka Tano, and a group of younglings to Ilum, where they would begin their journey towards becoming Padawans. During this time, their ship was boarded by the Weequay pirates led by Hondo Ohnaka. While Tano was occupied with Hondo, one of the pirates managed to cripple Huyang, knocking off his head and both his arms. Later on during their rescue of Ahsoka, the younglings were able to reassemble him.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Test of Strength" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bound for Rescue"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Necessary Bond"
- Ahsoka (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars Super Graphic: A Visual Guide to a Galaxy Far, Far Away
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know, Updated and Expanded