- "From the Battles of Rashfond, to the Peacekeeping of Parliock, to our very own Clone Wars, the lightsaber is a Jedi's only true ally. But how do they work? Hmm? Yes, you have brought me crystals, but they're all useless unless you give them life. Do you know how to awaken the Force within the crystal? No? Then I suggest you listen and learn, until you think of a question this droid cannot answer."
- ―Huyang, to a class of Jedi Younglings
Huyang was a Mark IV architect droid professor based out of the Jedi vessel, the Crucible, who for a thousand generations had taught Jedi younglings (one of them being the future Grand Master Yoda) how to build their lightsaber following the Gathering.
By the time of the Clone Wars, Huyang was over a thousand years old, and had helped many Jedi younglings in the construction of their lightsabers. His purpose was to accompany the young trainees to the planet Ilum, and once they would retrieve the kyber crystal that called to them through the Force, he would aid them in fashioning the weapon for use.
During the Clone Wars, in 20 BBY, Huyang accompanied Grand Master Yoda, Ahsoka Tano, and a group of younglings to Ilum, where they would begin their journey toward Padawanhood. During this time, with Tano there with him to supervise the kids, their ship was boarded by Weequay pirates led by Hondo Ohnaka. Tano fought off the pirates, and Huyang was disabled, but the younglings reassembled parts of him. Tano was captured by the pirates, but the younglings managed to get away.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Test of Strength" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Bound for Rescue"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "A Necessary Bond"
- Ahsoka (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars Super Graphic: A Visual Guide to a Galaxy Far, Far Away