Hydrostatic bubble technology was developed by the Gungans when they were forced underwater by the Grizmalltian colonists who dominated Naboo. The bubble functioned by projecting a membrane-field which displaced water and prevented the entry of foreign objects through the bubble's except at specific entry portals. The base of each bubble was comprised of a lightweight alloy lattice and transparisteel that contained the bubble's generator. Varying in size, the average-sized bubbles were projected by utanodes; while larger versions were generated by a kernode assembly.  The underside of the base consisted of a long, pointed spire where counterweights and repulsor field generators worked to keep the bubble upright and stable.
Behind the scenesEdit
In Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, they are referred to as hydrostatic force field bubbles.
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace novel (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace video game
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace junior novel
- Episode I Adventures 9: Rescue in the Core
- Deep Spoilers"—Star Wars Gamer 4 (Mentioned only) "
- Agent of the Empire—Hard Targets, Part 4
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars: Episode I
- Star Wars: Attack of the Clones: The Illustrated Companion
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Nexus of Power