Hydrostatic bubbles were projected by utanodes, while larger versions, such as that which enclosed the City Bigspace, were generated by a kernode assembly. These bubbles acted like organic membranes, keeping water out of the buildings, but allowing individuals to pass through at special portal zones.
Jar Jar Binks once deactivated the hydrostatic bubble protecting the Otoh Gunga Zoo, releasing the wildlife and earning himself a punishment. Hydrostatic Field Generators adapted the technology for use in Tribubble bongos.
Behind the scenesEdit
In Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary, they are referred to as hydrostatic force field bubbles.
- Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace novel (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace video game
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace junior novel
- Episode I Adventures 9: Rescue in the Core
- Deep Spoilers"—Star Wars Gamer 4 (Mentioned only) "
- Star Wars: Agent of the Empire—Hard Targets, Part 4
- Inside the Worlds of Star Wars Episode I
- Star Wars: Attack of the Clones: The Illustrated Companion
- Star Wars: The Complete Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Complete Locations