- "Sir, I noticed earlier the hyperdrive motivator has been damaged. It's impossible to go to lightspeed!"
- ―C-3PO to Han Solo
During the escape from Cloud City of Han Solo, Leia Organa and their assorted companions, Imperial forces sabotaged the hyperdrive motivator of the Millennium Falcon in an attempt to prevent the group's escape and deal a crippling blow to the Rebel Alliance. R2-D2, however, was able to correct the problem, allowing the hyperspace jump to be made.
- Tarkin (Mentioned only)
- Servants of the Empire: The Secret Academy (Mentioned only)
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story novelization (Mentioned only)
- "Stories in the Sand"—From a Certain Point of View (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back (First mentioned)
- The Empire Strikes Back: So You Want to Be a Jedi? (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back junior novelization (Mentioned only)