Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
A hyperlane, also known as a hyperroute, hyperway, hyperspace route, hyperspace lane, spacelane, star-route, trade route, or jump route, was an area of space that had been deemed safe for hyperspace travel. The largest were known as super-hyperroutes.
Hyperlanes were routes through space in which a spaceship could safely travel without colliding with a body in space, or some other phenomenon such as a black hole. There were five major routes in the galaxy, with hundreds of secondary routes and thousands of minor ones. Scouting new hyperspace routes was an incredibly dangerous task for an explorer.
In many parts of the galaxy hyperlanes also involved periodic re-entry into realspace. This was so as to manually maneuver the ship towards the next hyper-point. It was in these spots that pirate raids were common. The Galactic Empire and other governments often sought to lessen this threat by constructing deep-space platforms at hyper-points. Mine fields and probe droids were also deployed.
- Rimma Trade Route, established in 5500 BBY, was a major trade route that ran from Abregado-rae in the Core Worlds to Kathol sector in the Outer Rim.
- Perlemian Trade Route was a vital trade hyperroute that, along with the Corellian Run, made up the border of The Slice.
- Hydian Way, the only hyperlane that crossed the entire galaxy.
- Corellian Run - Starting at Coruscant, this hyperroute looped around the Deep Core, went through Corellia, and continued on to pass through Tatooine before terminating near the distant Outer Rim world of Naos III.
- The Corellian Trade Spine began at Corellia and headed in the direction of Duro. It eventually passed by the Greater Javin before tapering off.