A hyperlane, also known as a hyperroute, hyperway, hyperspace route, hyperspace lane, spacelane, or trade route, was an area of space that had been deemed safe for hyperspace travel. The largest were known as super-hyperroutes.
Hyperlanes were routes through space in which a spaceship could safely travel without colliding with a body in space, or some other phenomena such as a black hole. There were about eight major routes in the galaxy, with hundreds of secondary routes and thousands of minor ones. Scouting new hyperspace routes was an incredibly dangerous task for an explorer.
In many parts of the galaxy hyperlanes also involved periodic re-entry into realspace. This was so as to manually maneuver the ship towards the next hyper-point. It was in these spots that pirate raids were common. The Galactic Empire and other governments often sought to lessen this threat by constructing deep-space platforms at hyper-points. Mine fields and probe droids were also deployed.
- Rimma Trade Route, established in 5,500 BBY, was a major trade route than ran from Abregado-rae in the Core Worlds to Kathol sector in the Outer Rim.
- Perlemian Trade Route was a vital trade hyperroute that, along with the Corellian Run, made up the border of The Slice.
- Hydian Way, the only hyperlane that crossed the entire galaxy.
- Corellian Run - Starting at Coruscant, this hyperroute looped around the Deep Core, went through Corellia, and continued on to pass through Tatooine before terminating near the distant Outer Rim world of Rothana.
- The Corellian Trade Spine began at Corellia and headed in the direction of Duro. It eventually passed by the Greater Javin before tapering off.
- Timeline 2: The Mandalorian Blockade is Broken (Appears in hologram)
- Knight Errant
- Star Wars: Darth Plagueis (Mentioned only)
- Jedi Quest: The School of Fear (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "R2 Come Home"(Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Citadel"(Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Counterattack"(Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Citadel Rescue"(Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Padawan Lost" (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Clone Wars – "Chapter 23" (Indirect mention only)
- Labyrinth of Evil
- Star Wars: X-wing
- Star Wars: TIE Fighter
- Star Wars: X-wing vs. TIE Fighter
- Star Wars: X-wing vs. TIE Fighter: Balance of Power
- Star Wars: Legacy 21: Indomitable, Part 2 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Empire at War
- Vortex (Mentioned only)
- Galaxy Guide 3: The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars: The Roleplaying Game, Second Edition
- The Movie Trilogy Sourcebook
- Bartyn's Landing"—Star Wars Gamer 7 "
- The New Essential Chronology
- The Force Unleashed Campaign Guide
- The Essential Atlas
- The Unknown Regions
- The Journal of Master Gnost-Dural
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Star Wars: The Ultimate Visual Guide: Updated and Expanded