The Hyperspace Marauder was Lo Khan's personal smuggling starship.
While Lo Khan upgraded the ships shields and armor plating, he preferred safe, high traffic hyperlanes to make up for Marauder's lack of defenses. In the event of attack, Lo Khan used his ship's onboard communications system that could hijack an attacker's computer. This unique system put the ultimate gun to the heads of raiding vessels, as Khan could shut down any part of a raiding ship, even the life support systems if he so chose. His usual MO was much less violent, however—typically, Khan would loot whatever was worth stealing from the enemy ship and shut down the enemy ship's hyperdrive, leaving the would-be raiders to limp along for weeks at sublight speeds and rethink ever crossing Khan again.
When Lo Khan began running goods to Byss during the reborn Emperor's campaign, he finally gave Marauder some teeth with a pair of 700 Penetrator laser cannons. His additions could not have been any more timely,
During Salla Zend and Shug Ninx's involvement with Han Solo and Leia Organa Solo's mission to Byss, they hid the Millennium Falcon inside Marauder, which resulted in ship transport taking crippling damage from an hunter killer droid.
- Dark Empire Sourcebook
- A Guide to the Star Wars Universe, Second Edition
- The Essential Guide to Characters
- Star Wars Encyclopedia
- The Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- Handbook 3: Dark Empire
- The New Essential Guide to Vehicles and Vessels
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: The Card Game – Knowledge and Defense (Card: Along the Gamor Run)
- Star Wars: The Card Game – Knowledge and Defense (Card: Hyperspace Marauder)