Hyperspace routes—also called hyperspace lanes, hyperlanes, trade routes, and runs—were an established path through hyperspace, which linked major worlds in the galaxy, just as roads linked major cities on populated planets. Those routes were regarded as safe, allowing starships to travel without colliding with a body in space. Chains of important star systems formed runs, which were vital navigational routes for trade and transit, and such routes could cross multiple sectors.
Star systems could have several or a single hyperlane entrance/exit point, meaning that such points could be guarded and fortified, thus ports of access monitored and controlled. Hyperwave beacons helped guide starships to star systems, refueling stations, and ports, and several beacons could act as guides through dangerous and less traveled parts of the galaxy. The destruction of such beacons could hinder travel to the system.
Major trade routesEdit
The Old Republic sent pioneering survey teams to explore and chart new hyperspace lanes with navigational beacons. The Tertiary Usaita system was one such system to undergo Old Republic exploration. As galactic citizens from the Core pushed outwards, star systems fought for hyperspace lanes to be charted through their systems, which brought with them trade, wealth, and prestige. As time passed, the laborious task of traveling through hyperwave beacons, which required numerous reversions to realspace, was replaced with new hyperlanes such as the Hydian Way.
In the months following the Battle of Hoth, the Rebel Alliance used the Sanctuary Pipeline hyperspace route to move their fleet from Sullust to the forest moon of Endor. The route was built by the Galactic Empire using S-thread boosters.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars film (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "R2 Come Home" (Mentioned only)
- Catalyst: A Rogue One Novel (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "The Citadel" (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Counterattack" (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Citadel Rescue" (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Padawan Lost" (Mentioned only)
- Rebel Rising (Mentioned only)
- Thrawn (Mentioned only)
- Rise of the Rebels (Mentioned only)
- Servants of the Empire: Imperial Justice (Mentioned only)
- Servants of the Empire: The Secret Academy
- Star Wars Rebels – "The Protector of Concord Dawn"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Through Imperial Eyes" (Mentioned only)
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story novelization (Mentioned only)
- Battlefront II: Inferno Squad (Mentioned only)
- Heir to the Jedi
- Star Wars 35: The Hutt Run
- Moving Target: A Princess Leia Adventure
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- Aftermath (Mentioned only) (First identified as hyperspace lane)
- Star Wars: Uprising
- Aftermath: Life Debt (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 2.5 Tarkin
- ↑ Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 The Weapon of a Jedi: A Luke Skywalker Adventure
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 Star Wars: The Force Awakens Beginner Game
- ↑ Battlefront: Twilight Company
- ↑ Star Wars: Uprising—Sector Battle: "Mataou"
- ↑ Moving Target: A Princess Leia Adventure