- "We have them tied to the end of a string."
- ―General Armitage Hux on following the Resistance fleet
A hyperspace tracker was a technology with the ability to detect starships travelling through hyperspace, a feat not thought possible until the First Order utilized it against the Resistance in 34 ABY. The science behind hyperspace tracking was studied by the Tarkin Initiative during the reign of the Galactic Empire, and files about these studies were discovered by Jyn Erso during the Battle of Scarif in 0 BBY. The science was not perfected for several more decades when a team assembled by General Armitage Hux discovered how to implement the technology.
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (First mentioned)
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story novelization (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary (First identified as Hyperspace tracker)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Star Wars: The Last Jedi: The Visual Dictionary
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places the events of Star Wars: Episode VII The Force Awakens in 34 ABY. Star Wars: Episode VIII The Last Jedi picks up immediately following the end of The Force Awakens.
- ↑ Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places the events of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, including the Battle of Scarif, in 0 BBY.