- "I didn't need to be at the console to hack it [control module]. I just needed to be near it. Oh, of course, I also needed enough time for the remote hack to work. Which, I think you've given me enough just... about ... now."
- ―Sinjir Rath Velus demonstrating the power of a hyperwave transceiver
Hyperwave transceivers were secure transmitting devices used to transmit signals. During the liberation of Kashyyyk in 5 ABY, Sinjir Rath Velus used a hyperwave transceiver spike hidden in the heel of his boot to transmit signals which disrupted the control module which controlled the inhibitor chips that kept the Wookiee slaves on the planet docile. This sparked a planet-wide Wookiee uprising against Imperial rule.
- Aftermath: Life Debt (First appearance)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Aftermath: Life Debt
- ↑ Star Wars: Galactic Atlas places the Battle of Endor during the year 4 ABY. Shattered Empire, Part IV, which shows Shara Bey and Kes Dameron settling on Yavin 4, takes place three months after the Battle of Endor, and Galactic Atlas places Bey and Dameron's move to Yavin 4 in the year 5 ABY.
The novel Aftermath says that months have passed since the Battle of Endor. Aftermath: Life Debt begins two months after the end of Aftermath; therefore, the events of the former take place at least four months after the Battle of Endor. Since three months after the Battle of Endor is part of 5 ABY, as shown with Bey and Dameron's settling on Yavin 4, events of Life Debt must take place in 5 ABY at the earliest. On the other hand, the Galactic Atlas dates the Battle of Jakku, as depicted in Life Debt's sequel Aftermath: Empire's End, to 5 ABY as well, leading to the conclusion that Life Debt is set in 5 ABY.