Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Hypori was a planet located in the Ferra sector of the Outer Rim Territories. It was a temperate world of small oceans and rocky landscapes, rich with minerals. The planet had no intelligent life.
Old Republic eraEdit
Hypori was the site of a battle during the Galactic War between the Galactic Republic and the Sith Empire. Imperial forces attacked the prototype "Gilded Meteor" bomber on its maiden voyage above the planet.
Sith training groundEdit
In the last decades of the Republic, Hypori belonged to the Techno Union. Its foreman, Wat Tambor, agreed to supply the planet as a training ground for Damask Holdings and its Echani Sun Guard, providing the necessary battle droids, in exchange for Tambor's seat in the Galactic Senate.
In 37 BBY, during Darth Maul's training under the command of Darth Sidious, the Nightbrother spent a month on the planet without food or water and with a horde of assassin droids as his opponents. Sidious returned to fight against Maul, easily besting his exhausted apprentice and depriving him of his lightsaber. Enraged, Maul continued to attack Sidious with his fists and teeth. Pleased, Sidious appraised him for passing the final test, and Maul was given the title of Sith Lord, secretly against Darth Plagueis' wishes.
Following the Invasion of Naboo, Hypori and the nearby planet Geonosis were transformed into a secret foundry world for the Trade Federation. An entire hive of Geonosian workers was relocated to Hypori in a sponsored effort by Baktoid Armor Workshop to construct and maintain the new Separatist droid factories. The tough bedrock and soil proved difficult to assimilate into a true and proper hive-mound, though the Geonosian workers eventually created huge underground factories. The existence of these droid factories was kept secret from the Galactic Republic during the lead-up to the Clone Wars.
Shortly after the onset of the Clone Wars, Jedi Master Daakman Barrek and his Padawan, Sha'a Gi, uncovered the Separatist operations on Hypori during an intelligence-gathering mission in the sector. They reported back to the Jedi High Council on Coruscant, which dispatched a Jedi and clone trooper strike team to investigate further.
Unfortunately for the Republic forces, the Separatists had not left Hypori undefended. Disguised orbital mines seeded in orbit crippled much of the task force. The surviving Jedi—among them Ki-Adi-Mundi, Shaak Ti, K'Kruhk, Tarr Seir, Sha'a Gi, and Aayla Secura—were ambushed by legions of B2 super battle droids and OG-9 homing spider droids led by General Grievous. The ruined hulk of an Acclamator-class assault ship that had crashed into Hypori's surface became the site of an epic battle between the droid commander and the Jedi, from which only four Jedi emerged alive, with the help of ARC Captain Fordo and the Muunilinst 10. Though some of the battle droids were destroyed during the rescue attempt, the droid factories on Hypori remained in operation during the war. At least one remained operational after the end of the Clone Wars, after Darth Vader ordered the deactivation of the Separatist droid armies from Mustafar in 19 BBY.
Galactic Civil WarEdit
The planet was abandoned until the Hutt Cartel learned of the existence of a droid factory that had survived the Clone Wars. They lured the Zann Consortium to the planet's surface, hoping that Tyber Zann's army would deactivate the hostile droideka Mark IIs, thus ensuring that Jabba the Hutt's forces could land and gain control of the planet—in the process killing Zann himself. However, the plan backfired, and cost Jabba greatly. The Consortium then used the technology on this planet to produce droideka Mark IIs. In the aftermath, Jabba and Zann agreed to a ceasefire.
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Darth Plagueis
- Star Wars Episode I Journal: Darth Maul (First appearance) (Appears in flashback(s)) (Retcon)
- The Eyes of Revolution (Vision to Grievous)
- Star Wars: Clone Wars – "Chapter 20" (First identified as Hypori)
- Star Wars: Clone Wars – "Chapter 21"
- The Wrath of Darth Maul (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: General Grievous (Mentioned only)
- Labyrinth of Evil (Mentioned only)
- Order 66: A Republic Commando Novel (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith novel (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed comic (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption
- A New Hope: The Life of Luke Skywalker (Mentioned only)
- The New Essential Chronology
- Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption: Prima Official Game Guide
- "Guide to the Grand Army of the Republic"—Star Wars Insider 84
- "Unknown Soldier: The Story of General Grievous"—Star Wars Insider 86
- "Order 66: Destroy All Jedi"—Star Wars Insider 87
- The Essential Atlas
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Scavenger's Guide to Droids
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- The Essential Reader's Companion
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- The Official Star Wars Fact File Part 6 (Dark Side Influence)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption: Prima Official Game Guide
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 3.8
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 5.6 5.7 Darth Plagueis
- ↑ Star Wars: The Old Republic—Space Combat: "Hypori Escort"
- ↑ Star Wars Episode I Journal: Darth Maul
- ↑ The Wrath of Darth Maul
- ↑ Star Wars: Clone Wars – "Chapter 20"
- ↑ Star Wars: Clone Wars – "Chapter 21"
- ↑ Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith