ID9 seeker droids, also called Parrot Droids or Mimic Droids, were a model of seeker droids that resembled the Viper probe droids manufactured by Arakyd Industries. The body of ID9 seekers consisted in a half-hemisphere dome with a red photoreceptor. Attached to that dome were five articulated, tentacle-like limbs that ended in pincers. The ID9s were outfitted with electro-shock prods that allowed them to harm organic lifeforms and incapacitate mechanical beings. They were capable of imitating the sounds of other droid models, and had two locomotions modes: hovering and crawling. The Seventh Sister, a member of the Galactic Empire's Inquisitorius, employed a small army of such seekers in her efforts to capture Jedi and insurgents. The successor of the ID9, the ID10 seeker droid, was used by Commander Iden Versio of Inferno Squad during the Battle of Endor.
- Star Wars: Force Arena
- Star Wars Rebels – "Always Two There Are" (First appearance)
- Star Wars Rebels – "The Future of the Force"
- Star Wars Rebels: Strike Missions (First identified as Mimic Droids)
- "Ice Breaking"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine 16
- Star Wars Rebels – "Shroud of Darkness"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Twilight of the Apprentice"
- Battlefront II: Inferno Squad (Mentioned only)
- Darth Vader 21: End of Games, Part II
- Star Wars Rebels Magazine 7—Fact file: "New to Star Wars Rebels" (First identified as Parrot Droid)
- Star Wars Rebels: Visual Guide: Epic Battles (First identified as ID9 seeker droid)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia