ID9 seeker droids, also called Parrot Droids or Mimic Droids, were a model of seeker droids that resembled the Viper probe droids manufactured by Arakyd Industries. The body of ID9 seekers consisted in a half-hemisphere dome with a red photoreceptor. Attached to that dome were four articulated, tentacle-like limbs that ended in pincers. The ID9s were outfitted with electro-shock prods that allowed them to harm organic lifeforms and incapacitate mechanical beings. They were capable of imitating the sounds of other droid models, and had two locomotions modes: hovering and crawling. The Seventh Sister, a member of the Galactic Empire's Inquisitorius, employed a small army of such seekers in her efforts to capture Jedi and insurgents. One such droid was used by Commander Iden Versio of Inferno Squad during the Battle of Endor.
- Star Wars Battlefront II
- Star Wars Rebels – "Always Two There Are" (First appearance)
- Star Wars Rebels – "The Future of the Force"
- Star Wars Rebels: Strike Missions (First identified as Mimic Droids)
- "Ice Breaking"—Star Wars Rebels Magazine 16
- Star Wars Rebels – "Shroud of Darkness"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Twilight of the Apprentice"
- Darth Vader 21: End of Games, Part II
- Star Wars Rebels Magazine 7—Fact file: "New to Star Wars Rebels" (First identified as Parrot Droid)
- Star Wars Rebels: Visual Guide: Epic Battles (First identified as ID9 seeker droid)
- Star Wars: The Visual Encyclopedia