The IG-227 Hailfire-class droid tank was a model of droid tank manufactured by Haor Chall Engineering. Originally commissioned for construction by the InterGalactic Banking Clan for the intended purpose of debt collection, they were used by the Confederacy of Independent Systems during the Clone Wars. During the Galactic Civil War, they were adopted by the Rebel Alliance, earning them the name Rebel Hailfire Droid.
Hailfire droids could enter the battlefield at very high speeds using their large hoop wheels. A red photoreceptor in the middle section of the droid could lock on to both land and air vehicles from an impressive distance, giving the missiles a far reach. One missile was enough to destroy an LAAT gunship or an All Terrain Tactical Enforcer.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Hailfire droid first appeared in Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones.
- Star Wars: Galactic Defense
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (First appearance)
- Tarkin (Wreckage only)
- Darth Vader 4: Vader, Part IV (Wreckage only)
- Star Wars: Commander (First identified as as Rebel Hailfire Droid)
- Star Wars in 100 Scenes
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones (Set: 75085 Hailfire Droid)
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as as IG-227 Hailfire-class droid tank)
- Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded