|IG-86 sentinel droid|
IG-86 sentinel droid
|Chronological and political information|
The IG-86 sentinel droid was a model of sentinel droids manufactured by Holowan Mechanicals as a subsidiary of Holowan Laboratories, the same company that created IG-88. It was designed to function as a bodyguard, or home security system for the wealthy, but was usually used for more sinister purposes.
IG-86 sentinel droids were similar in appearance to the earlier IG-series droids such as the IG lancer combat droid and later models such as IG-88. Considered to be some of the deadliest droids in the galaxy, they were more intelligent and agile than standard battle droids, able to think logically and creatively. They were capable assassins working individually or in groups.
When Anakin Skywalker and Ahsoka Tano were searching for R2-D2 on the freighter Vulture's Claw, owned by the Trandoshan scavenger Gha Nachkt, they were attacked by a pair of IG-86 droids. Though they demonstrated their exceptional agility and firepower, they were destroyed by the two Jedi.
Later on, three of these droids were used by Cad Bane during his capture of the Senate Building. They bore similar Black Sun markings as those employed by Ziro the Hutt, suggesting that they might have been the Hutt's personal property and not Cad's. Anakin Skywalker, who was not carrying his lightsaber at the time, destroyed one of the droids by clubbing it with its own blaster rifle.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars film (First appearance)
- The Clone Wars: Discount
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Downfall of a Droid"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Duel of the Droids" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Hostage Crisis"
- The Clone Wars: Hunting the Hunters (Part I)
- The Clone Wars: Hunting the Hunters (Part III)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Lightsaber Lost" (Appears in flashback(s))
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Evil Plans"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Hunt for Ziro" (Appears in flashback(s))
- LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars (Non-canonical appearance)