The IG-RM bodyguard and enforcer droid, more commonly known as the IG-RM thug droid and sometimes known as the IG-RM war droid or IG-RM assassin droid, was a security droid model manufactured by Holowan Laboratories. They were commonly used as enforcers, and as such proved popular with gangsters. Cikatro Vizago, a crime lord on Lothal during the reign of the Galactic Empire, employed IG-RM thug droids to conduct his criminal operations.
Following Order 66, Kalleran smuggler Janus Kasmir and his friend, former Jedi Padawan, Caleb Dume, stole several of these from a warehouse in Plateau City on Kaller. Kasmir then used one to break Dume out of his cell.
Behind the scenesEdit
The design of the IG-RM thug droid was developed from an early piece of concept art developed for IG-88.
- Kanan 3: The Last Padawan, Part III: Pivot (In box only)
- Kanan 4: The Last Padawan, Part IV: Catch
- Rebel Rising
- (First appearance) (Appears in hologram)
- Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion
- The Rebellion Begins (First identified as IG-RM war droid)
- Star Wars Rebels – "Droids in Distress"
- "Rebel Bluff"—Star Wars Insider 158
- Star Wars Rebels – "Rebel Resolve"
- Star Wars Rebels – "Brothers of the Broken Horn"
- Star Wars 16: Rebel Jail, Part I
- Star Wars 17: Rebel Jail, Part II
- Star Wars 18: Rebel Jail, Part III
- Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide (First identified as IG-RM thug droid)
- Star Wars Rebels: Head to Head (First identified as IG-RM bodyguard and enforcer droid)
- Star Wars Rebels: Sabine My Rebel Sketchbook (First identified as IG-RM assassin droid) (Appears in sketches)
- "Blaster"—Star Wars Insider 156
- Facebook Star Wars Rebels photo collection
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- (as "thug droid)
Notes and referencesEdit
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 Star Wars Rebels: The Visual Guide
- ↑ Star Wars Character Encyclopedia: Updated and Expanded
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 Star Wars Rebels: Head to Head
- ↑ In the one-shot comic book Star Wars Special: C-3PO 1: The Phantom Limb, it is established that security droids belong to class four, i.e. the fourth degree.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 Kanan 4: The Last Padawan, Part IV: Catch
- ↑ Kanan 3: The Last Padawan, Part III: Pivot
- ↑ Star Wars Rebels: Spark of Rebellion