Iain McCaig is an artistic director, concept designer, and filmmaker who worked at JAK Films, a division of Lucasfilm, as a storyboard and concept artist for all three prequel movies. Several of the characters he designed include Darth Maul, Queen Amidala, and Sio Bibble.
His film directing debut, The Face, opened at the Santa Barbara Film Festival, and went on to win four awards including Best Family Film in the Houston International Film Festival.
He currently lives with his wife Leonor and their two children.
Star Wars contributionsEdit
- Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, 2005, Concept Artist
- Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones, 2002, Concept Artist
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace, 1999, Concept Artist
- John Carter of Mars, 2012?, Concept Artist
- Outlander, 2006, Concept/Story Director
- Charlotte's Web, 2006, Concept Artist
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, 2005, Concept Artist
- Peter Pan, 2003, Storyboard Artist
- "Dinotopia", 2002, Storyboard Artist
- Taking the Wheel, 2002, Storyboard Artist
- The Book of Stars, 1999, Visual Effects Storyboard Artist
- The Face, 1998, Director
- Interview with the Vampire, 1994, Storyboard Artist
- The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, 1992-1996, Storyboard Artist
- Bram Stoker's Dracula, 1992, Storyboard Artist
- Star Control 2, 1992, Writer
- Hook, 1991, Storyboard Artist
- Terminator 2: Judgment Day, 1991, Storyboard Artist
- Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country, 1991, Storyboard Artist
- Jethro Tull's Broadsword and the Beast, 1982, Illustrator