Biology and appearanceEdit
Having evolved in a jungle canopy, Iakaru had exceptional spatial awareness, aided by sensitive brow tufts. Swinging through the dense trees required keen eyesight, accurate depth perception, and quick reflexes.
At the time of the Battle of Scarif, Iakaru were an uncommon sight in the galaxy, as they had not developed hyperdrive technology. Their homeworld Iakar had been visited by interstellar trade for nearly a century. Pharmaceutical corporations drew valuable organic compounds from the lush rain forests girdling the planet. During the Clone Wars, companies set up major research installations on Iakar, which drove the Iakaru deeper into the jungle and strained the tentative trading relationships the natives had established with the offworlders. With the rise of the Galactic Empire and its military expansion, demand for medical supplies escalated, which brought a full-scale Imperial seizure and occupation of Iakar.
- Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (First canonical appearance)
- Star Wars: Rogue One: Secret Mission
- Aftermath: Empire's End
- Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes (First appearance)
- LEGO Star Wars Rogue One (Set: 75155 Rebel U-wing Fighter)
- Entertainment Weekly's Ultimate Guide to Rogue One
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide