- "This is a Rebel that surrendered to us. Although he denies it, I believe there may be more of them, and I request permission to conduct a further search of the area."
- ―Commander Igar delivering Luke Skywalker to Darth Vader
In 4 ABY, Commander Igar was stationed on the forest moon of Endor, where the deflector shield generator that protected the second Death Star was located. When one Rebel strike team member, Luke Skywalker, surrendered, Igar personally delivered the captive to Darth Vader.
He assumed that there were more rebels nearby despite Skywalker's claim that he was alone. After handing over the Rebel and his weapon, Igar requested permission from Lord Vader to conduct a further search for rebel activity. Vader accepted his request and ordered him and his men to leave. With permission granted, Igar left the Dark Lord and the captive Jedi to continue his search for the rebels.
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi (First appearance)
- Star Wars: Return of the Jedi junior novelization
- Ultimate Star Wars (First identified as Igar)