Ikopis had short necks, for defensive purposes. They compensated for that with a tube-like tongue, roughly two to three times longer than their head, to reach food far above their reach. The tongue was hollow, which allowed them to suck up water, or nectar, like a straw. When not being used, the ikopi's tongue would coil up inside a sack in the animal's cheek.
- Star Wars Math: Jabba's Game Galaxy
- Star Wars: Episode I The Phantom Menace (First appearance)
- Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace comic
- Star Wars Episode I: The Gungan Frontier
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Shadow Warrior"
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided
- Star Wars: Episode I toy line
- Star Wars: Episode I Insider's Guide
- "Creatures of Episode I"—Star Wars Insider 47
- The Wildlife of Star Wars: A Field Guide
- Star Wars Galaxies: An Empire Divided Quick Reference Guide
- Star Wars Galaxies: The Total Experience: Prima Official Game Guide
- Star Wars Chronicles: The Prequels