| Biographical information
|Chronological and political information|
- "For the Republic! For the Twi'leks!"
- ―Ima-Gun Di, leading his troops into battle on Ryloth
- "Let's make the end memorable!"
- ―Master Di to Captain Keeli during their final stand
A Force-sensitive Kajain'sa'Nikto, Ima-Gun Di was a Jedi Master in the Jedi Order. In 22 BBY, during the Clone Wars, Di was assigned to fight under the command of Master Mace Windu on the planet of Ryloth. Alongside local militia leader Cham Syndulla, Master Di fought on the ground against the droid army as Wat Tambor led an invasion of the Twi'lek homeworld. Commanding troopers of the Republic Navy, Di and Admiral Dao were wearisomely low on supplies as the battle raged continuously. Contacting Coruscant, the Jedi asked for reinforcements, looking to Senator Bail Organa and his diplomatic ties to open up supply lines. Organa pleaded with the King of Toydaria to send aid, and while he was successful, help would come too late for Master Di.
Planting explosives in a canyon wall to seal off access points that the droid army could exploit, Master Di and his men prepared for a last stand in the bottle neck canyon they allowed to remain open. As the droids made their way around into the canyon, the surviving Twi'leks were able to escape the valley without interception. Protecting their flank, Master Di stood side-by-side with Captain Keeli and the other surviving clones as the droids marched through the canyon. As clones fell around them Di and Keeli were the last men standing amongst the sea of droids. As Keeli fell, Di continued to fight valiantly, but was inevitably killed as the droids closed in on him, sustaining five direct blaster bolts to the chest before succumbing. Despite his end, his sacrifice was not in vain, as the Twi'leks managed to escape and received aid from the Republic before overthrowing the Separatist occupation leaders.
Powers and abilities
Master Di like many Jedi Knights became Jedi Generals when the Clone Wars started. During the Battle of Ryloth, Master Di showed great aptitude for military strategy when planning his troop's last stand against the Separatist droids. Being a fully trained Jedi, Master Di was also proficient in lightsaber combat and capable of deflecting the many blaster bolts aimed at him as well as destroying many droids in the process. Master Di was also proficient in the use of Force Push as he demonstrated it during his last stand.
Behind the scenes
In a CartoonNetwork.com exclusive, Dave Filoni revealed that Ima-Gun's name was designed to sound like the phrase "I'm a Gonna Die", which reflects his fate. Di was voiced by Robin Atkin Downes, who also voiced Cham Syndulla in the same episode.
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Supply Lines" (First appearance)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Voices" (Vision to Yoda)
- (First mentioned)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Magazine 1
- "Mythmakers"—Star Wars Insider 121
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Comic UK 6.12
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Comic UK 6.25 (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Magazine 8 (Picture only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: The Complete Season Three
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Head-to-Head
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars: Episode Guide
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Comic UK 6.53
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars Magazine 21