- "To cheat death is a power only one has achieved, but, if we work together, I know we can discover the secret."
- ―Darth Sidious, to Anakin Skywalker
Immortality was a state in which a living being could live without ever dying. Darth Plagueis, a Sith Lord in the years prior to the Clone Wars, lusted for immortality. According to his apprentice, Darth Sidious, Plagueis manipulated the midi-chlorians to both create life and seek immortality. Those who followed the light side of the Force and had the appropriate training could achieve a form of immortality by retaining their consciousness after their physical deaths.
- Star Wars: Episode II Attack of the Clones (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Overlords"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Ghosts of Mortis"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Voices" (Appears as a ghost or a spirit)
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Destiny"
- Star Wars: The Clone Wars – "Sacrifice"
- Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope (First appearance)
- Heir to the Jedi (Indirect mention only)
- Doctor Aphra 2: Book I, Part II (Mentioned only)
- Doctor Aphra 5: Book I, Part V
- Doctor Aphra 6: Book I, Part VI
- Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back
- Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi
- Aftermath: Life Debt (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars Rebels: Sabine My Rebel Sketchbook (Mentioned only)