- "Oh, my. I could've sworn the hangar was down this hallway. Oh, why do they build these infernal ships so absurdly large?"
The Imperial-class Star Destroyer (ISD) known generally as the Imperial Star Destroyer, was a product line of massive dagger-shaped capital ships of the Imperial Navy and later the Navy of the First Order. It consisted of two variants, the Imperial I-class Star Destroyer and the Imperial II-class Star Destroyer.
At the height of its power, the Galactic Empire operated over 25,000 of these ships. The distinctive profile of the Imperial-class instilled fear into the soldiers of rebelling factions, and the name of a Star Destroyer could be preceded by the ship prefix ISD (for Imperial Star Destroyer). In a report to an admiral, Senior Commander Alecia Beck referred to the ISD Vehement.
Roughly thirty years after the Battle of Endor, the new Resurgent-class Battlecruiser would be constructed to replace the aging Imperial-class by the Empire's first successor state, the First Order, and would borrow design philosophies from the highly respected ship.
- (First identified as Imperial-class Star Destroyer)
- Star Wars Rebels: Head to Head
- Star Wars in 100 Scenes
- "Rebel Rouser"—Star Wars Insider 152
- Star Wars Rebels: Sabine My Rebel Sketchbook
- Star Wars Rebels: Fight the Empire
- Ultimate Star Wars
- Star Wars Rebels: Rebel Power!
- Star Wars: Ships of the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Absolutely Everything You Need to Know
- Star Wars: Rey's Survival Guide
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens: The Visual Dictionary
- Star Wars: Complete Locations
- Star Wars Propaganda: A History of Persuasive Art in the Galaxy
- Star Wars: Rogue One: The Ultimate Visual Guide