Within the Sith's first century of their retreat to Dromund Kaas they constructed Kaas City deep in the jungle, a testament to reestablishing the grand Imperial society lost in the Great Hyperspace War, and a mighty citadel in the center of the city which was known to house the Emperor and his Dark Council.
As the center of Imperial government, the citadel contained the headquarters of the Ministries of War, Intelligence, and Logistics. The citadel was also home to a Mandalorian embassy of sorts, known as the Mandalorian enclave.
The Imperial Citadel on Dromund Kaas actually had two separate incarnations. The first one built on the planet resembled both the Sith Academy on Korriban and the Sith Citadel on Ziost. This was destroyed in 4043 BBY during the Kaggath fought between Darth Qalar and Darth Victun. The two Sith Lords were executed by the Dark Council and Darth Nostrem was chosen to oversee the citadel's reconstruction.
The second citadel was designed by the Emperor himself and differed greatly from the first. It was no longer modeled after the earlier citadel designs. After the completion of its construction, Darth Nostrem was locked in its depths in order to test the citadel's new labyrinthine defenses. The Sith Lord never escaped and eventually died.
- The Old Republic: Revan
- Timeline 1: Treaty of Coruscant (First appearance) (Appears in hologram)
- Timeline 4: The Empire Changes Strategy (Appears in hologram)
- Timeline 11: Rebirth of the Sith Empire (First identified as Imperial Citadel)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic, Blood of the Empire Act 1: Shades of the Sith (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- The Old Republic: Annihilation
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Rise of the Hutt Cartel
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Galactic Strongholds
- Star Wars: The Old Republic: Knights of the Fallen Empire
- The Art and Making of Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Explorer's Guide
- Star Wars: The Old Republic Encyclopedia