Triple guards, scramble scanners, gas locks and the isolation of each sector of the city helped to preserve its reputation of invulnerability.
After being captured above the planet Utapau, Deak Starkiller was tortured and imprisoned in the Imperial City. He was released by Han Solo, Chewbacca, Montross Holdaack, Luke Starkiller and the droids Artoo and Threepio after they sneaked inside by convincing the Imperial TIE fighter patrols that they were adrift space junk.
Behind the scenesEdit
The Imperial City was deleted from the draft scripts to Episode IV in the fourth draft.
Lucas, prior to the realization of Cloud City, described a similar environment for "Crell" and mentioned Granicus, the name Alderaan was known as in the first draft, in notes for licensees written in 1977.
- The Star Wars: Story Synopsis
- The Star Wars: Rough Draft
- The Star Wars: First Draft (on Granicus)
- Adventures of the Starkiller, Episode I: The Star Wars
- The Star Wars: From the Adventures of Luke Starkiller