|Imperial Department of Military Research|
| Organizational information
Military technology researching and development
| Chronological and political information
The Imperial Department of Military Research was a research department of the Galactic Empire responsible for researching and development of new weapons, technologies, warships, and battlestations for the Imperial Military. Moff Rebus, General Rom Mohc, Grand Moff Wilhuff Tarkin, and Grand Admiral Demetrius Zaarin all had strong ties to the department.
Its major starship production included the first, second and third Death Stars, as well as the prototype, the Eye of Palpatine, the Galaxy Gun, the HVs-2 hypervelocity gun that was designed and produced in cooperation with Taim & Bak, the orbital nightcloak, the Sun Crusher, the World Devastators, and the Worldcraft.
Major weaponry designs included the Composite Beam Superlaser technology that they then developed into the Concave Dish Composite Beam Superlaser, the Interplanetary Ion Cannon, and the Resonance Torpedo Launcher.
General Arhul Kurumenga of the Imperial Department of Military Research, alongside Admiral Conan Antonio Motti and Dr. Bevel Lemelisk, were to have had a briefing discussion regarding Dr. Insmot Bowen of the Obroan Institute for Archaeology's theory about the various mysterious aspects of the galaxy, including a barrier to the west of the Core, being the result of Celestial technology dating back to the Celestial-Rakata War.
- Imperial Sourcebook (First mentioned)
- The Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- The Essential Guide to Droids
- The Official Star Wars Fact File 2 (INT1, IT-O Imperial Interrogation Droid)
- The New Essential Guide to Weapons and Technology
- The New Essential Guide to Droids
- Look Sir, Droids!"—Star Wars Gamer 3 "
- Rebellion Era Campaign Guide
- Scavenger's Guide to Droids
- The Essential Guide to Warfare
- Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Core Rulebook
- EG to Warfare: Endnotes Pt. 1
- Star Wars: Imperial Handbook: A Commander's Guide
- "Blaster"—Star Wars Insider 153