The Imperial Diplomatic Corps, also known as the Diplomatic Service or Diplo-Serv, was a much-honored albeit overlooked branch of the Imperial Military that functioned as a diplomatic body, bringing new worlds into the Galactic Empire and enforcing Imperial standards during Emperor Palpatine's New Order. They often deploy ambassadors and negotiators to hostile worlds to ensure that the occupied populations adhere to the Emperor's orders, and as such reducing the necessity for pacification by force. However, the ambassadors and negotiators are notoriously corrupt, which also ended up costing the Empire by having them accept bribes by Rebel agents.
Following the death of Palpatine at the Battle of Endor, the Imperial Diplomatic Corps found it had acquired a new role—keeping worlds already in the Empire from leaving. This task strained the resources of the Corps, and junior diplomats that would have been closely-supervised in the past were given greater autonomy as a result.
- Agent of the Empire—Iron Eclipse, Part 1 (Mentioned only)
- Star Wars 49: The Last Jedi (First appearance)
- Legacy 15: Claws of the Dragon, Part 2 (Mentioned only)
- Planets of the Galaxy, Volume Three
- The Star Wars Planets Collection
- Heroes & Rogues
- The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia
- Star Wars: Imperial Handbook: A Commander's Guide